Hilarious video of our 2014 road trip to 22 states and 15 national parks...
2024 Estimated 9,000 Mile RV Road TripJerry is headed out across America to visit 18 states, 20 National Parks and everything he can see along the way.
This trip starts March 3, 2024.
I'm glad you've decided to enjoy this massive road trip with me. I'll be starting from Sweet Home Alabama then headed through Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and then back home to Alabama.
The National Parks I'll see are Big Bend NP, White Sands NP, Saguaro NP, Joshua Tree NP, Death Valley NP, Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon NP, Pinnacles NP, Yosemite NP, Lassen Volcanic NP, Redwoods NP, Crater Lake NP, Mount Rainier NP, Olympic NP, North Cascades NP, Glacier NP, Theodore Roosevelt NP, Rocky Mountain NP, Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, and Great Sand Dunes NP. If I happen to pass by some other nearby National Parks without going there, it is because I've already been to them. This trip is to visit parks I have yet to see.
There is no time frame for this trip, so I can stay as long as I want at any given location assuming I can find a campsite. Keep an eye on this page as well as my Tik Tok account for updates. Tik Tok will get updates much quicker than this page.
Tentative IteneraryMy date of departure is March 3, 2024.
- My first stop will be Poverty Point State Park in Delhi, Louisiana. The plan is to stay 2 nights there.
- The next stop will be Tyler State Park in Tyler, Texas. I will be there 3 nights.
- The next Stop will be Lake Whitney State Park in Whitney, Texas, I will be there 5 nights.
- The next stop will be San Angelo State Park in San Angelo, Texas. I will be there 3 nights.
- The next stop will be Big Bend National Park. I will only be there 1 night because there wasn't any more availabilities!
- The next stop will be Davis Mountains State Park near Fort Davis, Texas. I will only be here 1 night because I made a scheduling error at one of the parks after this. My original plan was to stay here for 2 nights, but oh well.
- The next stop will be just outside of White Sands National Park. I will be staying at the Alamagordo KOA for 2 nights.
- The next stop will be Tombstone, Arizona. I will be staying at the Stampede RV Resort for 3 nights.
- The next stop will be Saguaro National Park. I will spend 1 night at the Cactus Country RV Park just South of Tuscon, Az.
- The next stop will be Yuma, Arizona. I haven't decided where I will camp here. It will only be for 1 night.
- The next stop will be Joshua Tree National Park. I will stay at one of the "First come, first served." campgrounds within the park. I may stay here 1 or 2 nights.
- The next stop will be North Las Vegas to visit my daughter and her family. Woot, I get to see 5 of my grandkids!
- The next stop will be Death Valley National Park. I will stay at one of the "First come, first served." campgrounds near Furnace Creek for several nights.
- The next stop will be Camp 9 or Boulder Gulch Campground at Isabella Lake, California. I will stay here 1 night.
- The next stop will be Sequoia National Park and I will be staying at the Sequoia RV Park for 4 nights.
- The next stop will be Pinnacles National Park. I will stay here 2 nights.
- The next stop will be Yosemite National Park. I will stay at the Hodgdon Campground for 3 nights.
- To be continued...
And for anyone thinking the wife will be home all alone... well, she has the dogs with her and she will not hesitate to shoot you then call the cops. And you really don't want to get shot with 00 buckshot, let alone a 9mm.