Top 3 Best Rated Smart Home Devices
#1 - Google Home and Google Home Mini
- A Powerful Helper
Google Home is powered by the Google Assistant. Ask it questions. Tell it to do things. It is your own Google, always ready to help you do more.
- Get Answers From Google
Use your voice to quickly find information about the weather, news, sports and more. "Hey Google, what time does the grocery store close?"
- Bring your music to life, using only your voice.
Google Homes high-excursion speaker delivers a big, rich sound in a compact size."Hey Google, listen to Discover Weekly on Spotify."
- Manage your day from breakfast to bed.
Get help around the house with things like your schedule, commute, travel information and more. It can even make phone calls. "Hey Google, call Mom." *In the US and Canada. 911 and 1-900 calls are not supported.
- Play, pause and rewind. Hands-free.
Pair with a Chromecast to control your favorite movies and shows, using only your voice. "Hey Google, play Stranger Things from Netflix on my TV."
- Control your smart home.
Use your voice to control your compatible lights, thermostat, smart plugs and more. "Hey Google, set the thermostat to 72 degrees."
- Your voice. Your info.
Get personalized responses for you and others in your home with voice recognition. "Hey Google, when is my first meeting tomorrow?" *Google Home can distinguish up to six voices in total.
#2 - Amazon Echo and Alexa
- All New Echo (2nd Gen) has a new speaker, new design, and is available in six styles including fabrics and wood veneers. Echo connects to Alexa to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.
- Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms. Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
- Call or message anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- New speaker, now with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. Echo can fill the room with 360° omnidirectional audio.
- With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
- Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
#3 - Nest Thermostat
- Google Home works with Nest. Feeling chilly? Just say, “Ok Google, set my temperature to 72 degrees."
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Auto-Schedule: Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week.
- Home/Away Assist: Nest automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy.
- Remote Control: Connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Farsight: When the Nest Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the time, temperature or weather.
- Energy Star: First thermostat to earn Energy Star. Your thermostat controls half your energy bill - more than appliances, more than electronics. Saving energy starts with your Thermostat.
- Energy History: Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why.
- Nest Leaf: You’ll see the Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right direction.